20090922

Waves & Hoof Beats










I can't help but think of Nick Cave's "The Ship Song" and want to hand write the lyrics as a gift with one of these trays or pillows for a lover, anniversary or wedding gift.


NICK CAVE "THE SHIP SONG"

Come sail your ships around me
And burn your bridges down.
We make a little history baby
Every time you come around.
Come loose your dogs upon me
And let your hair hang down.
You are a little mystery to me
Every time you come around.

We talk about it all night long
We define our moral ground.
But when I crawl into your arms
Everything comes tumbling down.

Come sail your ships around me
And burn your bridges down.
We make a little history baby
Every time you come around.

Your face has fallen sad now
For you know the time is nigh
When I must remove your wings
And you, you must try to fly.

Come sail your ships around me
And burn your bridges down.
We make a little history baby
Every time you come around.
Come loose your dogs upon me
And let your hair hang down.
You are a little mystery to me
Every time you come around.


Thomas Paul Jute pillows and John Derian's decoupage series have the nostalgia of old clip art and times past. Throw a single pillow on a side chair, bed, or sofa and or mix them together with other fabrics and textured pillows. Hang a decoupage piece on the wall, place one on your cocktail table, nightstand, accent table or use it for perfume display in a powder room.







And as a horse gal, how could i resist posting these beautiful Thoroughbred Pillows from Thomas Paul and Horse Trays from John Derian.

I have had many custom pillows made for clients- however, I am a big believer in pre-manufactured pillows to add color, pattern, wimsey and cost effective character to a space. Thomas Paul's line has remained an all time favorite of mine throughout the years.

Pillows, Melamine Plates, Stationary, Rugs and more household goodies.

JOHN DERIAN
Decoupage, Wrappings & Stationary, Objects, Furnishings and much more.

If you have not seen Derian's work in person I strongly urge you too. Ampersand in the Galleria has a great selection here in MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment